PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A340 of Iberia skids off runway in Quito
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2007, 11:01
juniour jetset

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, I just checked out the Ecuavisa video and there is some good footage of the A340 travelling down the runway from a variety of different cameras (probably CCV) and there does seem to be an abscense of moevement on the side of the engines and thus lack of reverse thrust?? for slowing down on what looks like a very wet runway.

I can't understand the hypothesis that the chaps are talking about as my lack of Spanish - any Spanish translaters out there who wish to enlighten the forum?

what do others think of the lack of reverse thrust idea? also the pics of the resting aircraft show engines in non-reverse thrust position- maybe on the engines on the startboard side, the pilots could of changed this on shutdown, but on the portside with the engines crumpled on the ground- would they/could they have done this?

I'm no air accident investigator.. but some of the evidence would point to lack of reverse thrust initiated.

Now waiting for some forum abuse to come my way... bring it on just my second post by the way!