PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mango plane forced to turn back
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2007, 07:19
Goldfish Jack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With the level and utter lack of knowledge of our press icw any incident, it is going to make the news.

If one thinks how many a/c actually return in a month all over the country, or have rejected take-offs or go-arounds, the press would not have enough paper to print all the expert opinions they have.

It has never ceased to amaze me at the utter lack of knowledge the press has about aviation and some of the nonsense they print. If they print this amount of rubbish icw aviation, how much of the other stuff the print is also rubbish? About 80% I would imagine - wonder what Springbok 702 has to say?

One must also realise that papers make money on mass-hysteria headlines not on the truth. HOw many times have you seen them get it wrong and then never publish the truth or, if they do, it is is small print on about page 8 at the bottom?

And their use of the English language as well........ shows the standard of education in this country. Read that last sentence about the Kulula flight. There were no injuries after the captain had to turn off the engine...blah blah blah.. At least the Captain did not injure the co-pilot!