PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brand new Etihad A340-600 damaged in Toulouse; several wounded
Old 17th Nov 2007, 06:59
Tom Sawyer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
To answer a few points raised from my original post, although it is probably irrelavant if it is a "taxying" incident.
1. There is no point standing on the pedals to assist the parking brake. The green system brakes do not operate if the parking brake is selected on. Checked this out on a live aircraft today and is correct. The MM also does not mention having to assist the parking brake during high power runs. So at the ground EPR limits they must consider the brakes capable of holding the aircraft, which must also be chocked.
2. High power is not the same a full power. Test 7 in the MM operates the engine in the 1.249 - 1.232 EPR which equates roughly to 80 - 83% n1 depending on temp. Software in the FADEC also limits thrust on the ground to 1.33EPR & 83% N1.
3. The engine running bay is tight, but lines are there and give clearance for the -600. Can't say I noticed that much as following a marshaller and at night. When we were running at high power we were chocked and the steering active.
4. The aircraft is overpowered On what basis? The A343 was supposedly under powered.
5. I'm not a Captain...... me sir, no sir, how very dare you