PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ex Rex Pilots; Would you have stayed if....
Old 17th Nov 2007, 05:22
archangel7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another thing that really pissed me off was some cabin crew and ops staff made a fair bit more than I did.......especially when none of them had undured 6 years close to death numerous times in GA......
WTF! How does that work? That’s an absolute disgrace! Pilots have lost their pride and dignity because of operators like REX jet*. A pilots job is the second most dangerous and I believe it’s one of the most respected...tell someone you’re a pilot and see their reaction! Like doctors who have passed the medical boards or lawyers who have passed the bar exam, professional pilots have fulfilled the education and experience requirements and passed the rigorous exams that, under CASA laws and regulations. And why don’t these people understand that a pilot is a profession, just like medicine or law?
Flying an aeroplane isn’t in the same category as for example... Working as a cleaner? What did it cost a cleaner to become a cleaner? $0??Training, exams exams and more exams and then evenn more fkn exams once you get into REX... what is it? Something like 10 exams based in a small period of 2 weeks! I heard it’s pretty intense to get through and that does not include the sim check and line check. How many renewals, line checks, etc does a cleaner have to undergo each year? 0? what is at stake if a cleaner makes a mistake? Ahh I think nothing? It’s really not a big deal... THEN WHY ARE CLEANERS AND FLIGHT ATTENDENTS MAKING A KILLING? Most passengers have absolute no idea what is involved to get there fat assess from point A to B safely and efficiently... we are under pressure all the time with a lot at stake for us and our families and having to deal with threats like terrorism isn’t making things any easier. Being a pilot takes a lot of sacrifice, determination, perseverance and at times self control and discipline. We deserve to be rewarded for what we do. I honestly don’t understand why we are treated like scum. I think it’s true, as stated on another thread.. WE DO NEED TO GROW SOME BALLS and stop letting these operators walk all over us and for just accept things for the way they are. I personally think that the government should step in a make up a law concerning professional high risk jobs like pilots and proclaim that there should be a minimum amount the we should be getting payed. There is an old saying "What goes around comes around. ... And thank god for this pilot shortage, it is a golden opportunity for all of us... let’s all use it to our advantage and for once get the upper hand!