PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police Officer in gun "joke" at MAN
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2001, 04:02
Malteser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know - I read the first page of this thread, then skipped to the last, and still the same old diatribe ... with the exception of some confusing references to police shootings....

My point - we are all very quick to jump on journalists' representations of events when they are about our business. They get it wrong. They take things out of context. They make it up. They misquote. And yes, they also get it right.

Yet as soon as it comes to this incident - everyone believes the report word for word, and the next thing I see is a virtual lynch mob, baying for the end of this man's career.... a man who's history or life is unknown to you. No question of the integrity of the report!! Unbelievable!!

My guess is that this was taken out of context, out of character, maybe... in the heat of the moment, tempers rising a little, a fragment of a longer discussion?

I only hope that if I, and I touch wood I wont, ever get involved in an incident at work, I never have any of you lot trying to lynch me before you even know what happened.

Speculation, fine, but come on guys!!