PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Irish cocaine book
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2007, 19:23
judgecaligula

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Irish cocaine book

Hi. I`m an Irish journalist (so interest declared), pondering the contents of a book by another Irish journalist called Justine Delaney Wilson. The book is called The High Society, published by Gill & Macmillan. In the book, Ms. Delaney Wilson says she has spoken (amongst many) to two anonymous sources, one a (male) working pilot, the other a (female) former air traffic controller. The pilot says he`s 44, flies regularly out of Dublin the US, and says he uses cocaine a lot while working. The air traffic controller says she came to work for 9 years (to an airport, doesn`t say which) having taken hash, e, or coke. My question is this: I don`t doubt that there are professionals in the aviation industry who take drugs. What I`m trying to get a handle on is how likely they would be to talk to a journalist about their habits, especially if they knew it was going to be used in a book. The working pilot, it seems to me, is taking an incredible risk. If identified, could he be, for example, prosecuted? Am curious to know what people out there think of this.