PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police Officer in gun "joke" at MAN
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2001, 21:36
bjcc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pash,

On the 'evidence' produced in this post, no offence! You can speculate all you like about what he was asked, however it will be just that, speculation. At the end of the day, having been a policeman at an airport, and dealt with the so called jokes, I have to say there is good and bad on both sides. No pax should not make funnies, but then there is such a thing as over reaction, which this quite frankly appears to have been. Now as I said I was a policeman, and nailing my colours to the mast, I would probably let my opinons sway towrds him, except I had no love for 'senior' police officers, nor for traffic officers who seemed to take great delight in causing bad feeling with the public. As i said I have dealt with hundreds of these jokes, from pilots, from cabin crew, from solicitors and most other proffessions, the end result for them, a minor B*****ing. Why should any other proffession be treated differnatly from them?
As regards to the very silly comments about Police shootings. Try this one for size...Its dark, you have reliable information that a man has a gun, you see the man in question who has a long object in his hand, its wrapped in a plastic bag, he is about 30 yards away from you ...you shout at him 'Armed Police Drop the bag!' You are in uniform, you are standing by a large white car marked with the words POLICE in flourencent letters...The man raises the object towards you...You have 1 second to decide what to do...!

Think that over before you make any more silly comments!