PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does Emirates ban their pilots from sitting in the cabin during ULR flights?
Old 16th Nov 2007, 17:35
Biff99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Door to Manual and Trashed Aviator
You might see yourself as hired help and smelly. I use soap and know how to behave in first or in the company of the elite. The fact remains they buy a seat not the aircraft. For the life of me I can’t see how supplying a seat in the front will reduce the exclusivety. If you regard yourself as hired help, then you regard your line of work as degrading and your position in the company as cheap and meaningless. I, and I think the rest of the pilot community, don’t. For the informed few know; what it entails to become a successful and professional aviator! If the company, whoever they might be, don’t want to supply a bunk in the front for the flight deck crew, a seat must be available. For safety, being close to the flight deck, in the unlikely event of an emergency, makes commonsense!!! No other reason. It’s for the same reason they don’t want you wondering down the back with a normal(less than 8 hours) leg. Is to be close to the flight deck, just in case. Not saying that two F/Os can’t do the job as a team. I would imagine that the Captain’s, you know what, that has to be accountable for everything that happens, once released, would like some input! Not stuck in a bunk 50m to the back, or fighting pax off, wanting to give there two cents worth, while the sh..t is hitting the Fan.