PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 5
Thread: Aer Lingus - 5
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2007, 11:03
Economics101

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Interesting and depressing stuff: In defence of unions and in criticism of management writing directly to employees vkid says: ".. if there is a union agreement in place in the company AND there are "negotiations" underway then you follow the rules..you go back to the unions ... thats what the employees have put them there to do ... represent on their behalf..." . Which is sort of OK by me.

But then we have missterrible who I fear represents a widespread view in Aer Lingus when she says: "Would you believe that most staff are disappointed that the union officials even speak to Mannion and Liz? They are deeply suspicious of full time officials trying to deal behind their backs..."

So one objects to direct communication from management which bypasses the union officials and the other doesn’t trust the union officials to represent her. Which only confirms my view that Aer Lingus is doomed: it has not shed its state-monopoly ethos and will not survive in the real world, which is (like it or not) highly competitive.