PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brand new Etihad A340-600 damaged in Toulouse; several wounded
Old 16th Nov 2007, 10:10
Sandy United

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is what JH told the troops...

A mate of mine works for Etihad and sent over a few of their update statements - these were issued from JH himself (!) to all-staff.

All starting to make some sense now.

There were three:

This one's the FIRST - sent it out last night...

Etihad Airways has been made aware of an incident involving an Airbus A340-600 type aircraft at the manufacturer’s headquarters in Toulouse, France, earlier today.

We understand the aircraft was undergoing pre-delivery engine tests and sustained airframe damage as a result of the incident.

No Etihad Airways staff have been involved in this incident although I understand a number of people may have sustained injuries.

The aircraft, in Etihad Airways livery, was scheduled to be delivered to our main Abu Dhabi base in the UAE next week.

We are liaising closely with Airbus.

I will provide further information as soon as it is available.

This one was the second...

We are continuing to liaise closely with aircraft manufacturer Airbus and the French authorities following damage to an Airbus A340-600 type aircraft at the manufacturer’s headquarters in Toulouse, France.

The aircraft - scheduled to be delivered to us next week - was undergoing pre-delivery tests when the incident occurred.

The airline has been made aware that a number of people have been taken to hospital following the ground incident in which the aircraft sustained significant airframe damage during routine engine performance tests.

I am deeply concerned to hear about injuries following this incident and my sympathies are with those in hospital and their families.

I remain in contact with our team in France, as well as Airbus, in order to keep fully informed of the latest developments.

Our Paris based country manager for France is en route to the Airbus headquarters in Toulouse.

This is the third...

I am very pleased to report that injuries sustained to a number of people during the pre-delivery ground tests of an Airbus A340-600 aircraft are not life-threatening.

We send those involved our very best wishes for a speedy recovery. Their welfare is our primary concern and our thoughts are very much with them, their family, friends and co-workers.

Injuries were sustained by workers from Airbus and Abu Dhabi Aircraft Technologies. I have today written to the chief executives of both companies to express our sincere sympathy on behalf of every at Etihad Airways.

No Etihad Airways staff were involved in the incident.

We continue to liaise closely with Airbus in order to keep fully informed of the latest developments following the incident at the manufacturer’s headquarters in Toulouse, France.

Representatives from the airline, including our Paris based country manager for France, are at the Airbus headquarters.

The aircraft involved in the incident was undergoing pre-delivery tests and was scheduled to be delivered to us next week.

My thanks to all those concerned for co-ordinating our response to this unfortunate incident.