PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brand new Etihad A340-600 damaged in Toulouse; several wounded
Old 16th Nov 2007, 07:06
Tom Sawyer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
No need to stand on the brakes when doing a high power EGR on the A340, just have them covered. Done an A346 aircraft acceptance EGR at high power in that very bay. Only had about 20T of fuel on so trying to read the Eng parameters at max chat was interesting. There was part of the acceptance that requiered to have all 4 at high power at the same time, but can't remember why.
As for not pointing it at the wall, high by-pass engines when being run at high power with the aircraft stationary need to be pointed into wind to prevent surging. Wind speed & direction can be quiet limiting, there is a chart in the Maint Manual with the limits and directions. Also min of 2 engines required at high power to prevent an asymetric thrust situation.
Specualtion I know, but I wonder if someone reached for the camera switch and released the parking brake instead, after all it appears to have been done the other way round on landing by China Eastern I think.
Hope the injured are OK.

Last edited by Tom Sawyer; 16th Nov 2007 at 07:53.