PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Falklands Farce
Thread: Falklands Farce
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2002, 17:30
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AG a question for you.

What would all the British assets currently ensconced in Islas Malvinas be doing if they were back in Blighty?

I would suggest to you that they would be training at much the same rate they are now. That being the case the only additional expences are those associated with the remote nature of their basing.

Sounds like cheap insurance against the 'Leaders' of Argentina deciding that another war is a good way to divert the attention of the people from their current woes.

And put a price on the quality of the training that can be accomplished in the uncrowded airspace around IM.

Factor all the other stuff about minerals etc in and it all sounds like good value to me.

I am not and never have been a Mil Pilot but I find myself in uncharacteristic agreement with them........you're a TW@T!!!

. .Chuck.

PS While I'm not a purveyor of things wot go bang(although I have flown 'tactically'to avoid being shot, and had tracer fired at me) I note your assertion way back about your PPL experience giving you all the insight you believe you need to judge the efforts of experienced pilots! Please re-read my last comment above.....very carefully!!!!!