PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police Officer in gun "joke" at MAN
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2001, 01:52
Beausoleil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Transatlantic passengers seem to be mostly journalists, armed to the teeth to show how useless airline security is. Perhaps they should be trained to disable hijackers.

Hard to have much sympathy with an industry that can't get its act together. Why confiscate stuff that can be bought after the security check? (I've seen that happen recently.) Airports still allow small stuff to be passed round the metal detectors without being checked (take a bow, Heathrow). And how many of those X-ray machine screens are actually being monitored these days? Makes you wonder what happens to hold luggage , where the public are't even there to be impressed.

I'll keep flying because the odds are still good. But not because I think improved security is now in place - it clearly isn't. Except that punters have to show up an hour earlier, presumably to force them to spend more time loitering in duty free shops in an attempt to make the whole shambles profitable.

I certainly feel safe from being trapped on a plane with some idiot running off at the mouth. But that's not really the point, is it?