PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2007, 16:19
aerotech07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just have 1 question about the stage 3 process, if anyone happens to know the answer. With the technical interview, will there be any questions outside the scope of the motivation documents provided at stage 1 and 2? Then if so, what "extra-curricular" info would you recommend reading?
Don't get hung up on the term 'technical interview'. It sounds very daunting and formal, and I expected a right grilling. However in my experience it was fairly laid back and almost a pleasant experience. I was asked questions and opinions on sets of circumstances that you may be in; some ATC related, although there were a couple of general life situations as well.

Not all of the ATC questions were based on material from the motivational documents. However, a lot of it was common sense, and stuff that anyone with more than a passing interest in the job and aviation should know. I would say though, keeping the motivational paper stuff in mind is a good idea.

My advice, keep calm (I know how hard that sounds), make sure you do read the learning materials beforehand, and try to enjoy it! Don't be daunted as it will show on the day. Within five-ten minutes of the interview starting I had relaxed a lot and felt far better about it as a whole.