PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hour Building B757
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2007, 12:09
Night_fr8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PPT
I see from your last post that you have no real knowledge of the Freight Industry.
Hotels are First Class and allocate quiet rooms to freightdogs, as this is part of the contract.
Crew rooms whilst in the past have been below par, are now well up to standard with rest facilities built in so that during ground time crews can get some sleep in comfortable beds if required.
The latest purpose built crew facilities in Leipzig have superior facilities for all crews.
Canteen facilities where meals are cooked to order or the menu of the day can be taken immediately.
Duty hours ? well the hours are restricted for night operations and the average duty is now 9 hours with the odd duty reaching the maximum of 10 hours 15 minutes.
Weekends free in places such as Madrid, Sofia, Athens, Casablanca. Well maybe a couple of hours Standby at the hotel to cover a through flight in Madrid.
Time to command has been as little as 1 year for those with over 3000 hours. (3000 required for command).
Yes it can be a long time to command for new hires with low hours, but in EAT commands are given on experience with the company and can come after 5-6 years (for low hours pilots) which equates well with the charter industry where at the moment there are few commands if any available, currently layoff's are the rule.
Hours are NOT the yardstick to go by, I have said before experience matters but Sitting in the cruise reading a newspaper on long sectors does not equal experience.
Yes I have been there got the T shirt, probably long before many poster here were out of school or the blue uniform.