PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 6
Thread: LUTON - 6
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2007, 00:16
BombardierCR7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
19th Feb seems to be the date that the Leeds service starts (although unconfirmed- West Yorkshire Police will significantly step up their operation at LBA on that date, ironically the same date that is rumoured from BB's with postings from Shaheen employees, as their first date of UK operations) so I assume Luton will start also around that date. Rumour also has it the initial flights will be via Dubai from both Leeds and Luton in order to connect into Shaheen's Pakistan regional network from there with a mix of direct and indirect flights later. Lahore to follow on the 2nd aircraft.

Not the best time to start flights to Pakistan, assuming the general election will take place (without bloodshed one hopes) at that time also.

Again, nothing official released from either airport, nor the airline...it has been heard before about Shaheen starting UK routes, so it is best to keep an open mind at this stage. I assume as flyers are being passed out, I guess there is some intention to start something at least.