PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cityjet Recruitment Ban
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2007, 20:46
cityjetunion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cityjet Recruitment Ban

HI all,

I am writing to pleed with you all as fellow professionals. I and my collegues in Paris are being bullied by management. A bunch of cabin crew have been forced to resign over this with no jobs to go to.

Cityjet management have decided not to pay the French social Tax which Easyjet and Ryanair have paid. They are deciding out of the blue tell crews that they have 9 weeks to relocate to DUB or LCY over the Xmas period. Do you think this is fair?

By doing this they say that they have no crews based in CDG or ORY. On paper only. The company have known about this for months now and have only told us last week. One of my collegues a few months (2-3) ago went to the company to get forms stamped to get a mortgage for an appartment in Paris....they didnt tell that person what was going on, now they will lose soo much money in trying to sell it again, move, find accomodation, and get set up in Dub or LCY.

The pilots will be able to commute to their base from CDG.

I am asking all crews who are looking to move to CItyjet PLEASE HAVE SOME THOUGHT FOR YOUR FUTURE COLLEGUES WHO ARE BEING WALKED ALL OVER NOW. WAIT A FEW MONTHS TO JOIN. TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS.

PEOPLES LIVES ARE IN JEOPARDY HERE.THERE ARE NOT MANY OTHER JOBS LEFT IN FRANCE.

WE DONT HAVE A UNION BECAUSE OF FEAR AND BULLY BOY TACTICS. WHEN THE UNION LOOKED TO MEET THE PILOTS, OUTSIDE THE DOOR OF THE MEETING ONE OF THE HEAD MANAGERS WAS SITTING OUTSIDE TRYING TO INTIMIDATE THEM.

THIS IS THE ONLY WAY WE CAN PROTECT OUR JOBS

THANK YOU KINDLY
XXXXX