PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 14th Nov 2007, 19:24
MrHorgy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In answer to your first question - No. All I see is a continual slagging off of new pilots looking to join RYR to get a foot on the ladder, and any comment to the contrary is regarded as blasphemy. I see no constructive points regarding REPA, or infact anything constructive regarding changes at Ryanair at all.

I accept what you say with regards to changing employment terms. But for those of us who don't have gold plated chequebooks and a school that has seduced airlines with marketing spin, what other, VIABLE alternatives do many new pilots on the market have?

I realise conditions at RYR are getting worse, and are not ideal, but as a stepping stone they are ideal - lots of hours, and good flying. People talk about the salary being low - assuming a 2nd year F/O on a brookfields contract does 800 hours a year I make that near 60000Euros, or £42000 a year. Admittedly RYR do not cover benefits, but when compared to a BA cadet salary in the 20k band, they do seem more appealing.

And who knows, if Camel is trying to make it better like you say, then things will go up. I for one would fully intend to integrate myself and push for change, should an opportunty arise.

I don't want people to see what I say as rash or appear to be burying my head in the sand, I just despair at the constant mudslinging with no constructive suggestions.

Horgy