PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sea King too old and putting Lives at risk.
Old 14th Nov 2007, 18:41
3D CAM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Crab.
Absolute and utter B#""#!*s.
The local M.C.A., and M.C.A. hq. know when our aircraft are off line and for what reason.They can, and very often do, drop in for an unannounced visit. We don't have a sentry on the gate to turn them away because of a "security exercise." Just because the main aircraft, India Juliet or Whiskey Bravo, for the two Bristow units that are left, is having an engine change, doesn't mean that the unit is offline.( Obviously I cannot say what is happening up North because now that is a different company all together.)That is what the second aircraft is for! Hence no second crew.
As "Check" points out, COBI is a big thing now and we are under the threat of death if we breach that code!!!! And yes, the more you fly the "sticky bun", the more it will take!
Take your rumours with a big big pinch of salt. That is all they are, rumours.(Or is someone winding you up??)
And another thing. As I have said before, we are never told when you are off line. Whether that is down to A.R.C.C. or the M.C.A. I honestly do not know.
You accused me of being touchy, well to tell someone, not literally admitted, that they are being dishonest is a pretty good way to wind them up, and you succeeded!