PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Army Screws Up: UH-72A Lakota merged threads
Old 14th Nov 2007, 17:57
reckless1967

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Xenophobe

Reno said:
Like the VIP 101 for the US Prez, this POS is simply some payback to Europe for terrorist support and to provide big $$ to improve their very marginal airframes. US $$ will fix aeverthing Europeon while the US Services get to work out and/or die from these poor designs. Bottom line? The 101 and this crowd-displeaser were simply POLITICAL buys and not on technical or airworthy merit.

Has anyone said the 101 is marginal or unsafe? Are 101s dropping out of the sky? I don't think so. There are many happy 101 customers out there. Is it built to the same standard as the 92? No, but it is also older. Taking your premis than anything (90% of the RW aircraft in the world, American and otherwise) is substandard and according to you apparently shouldn't fly.

I've flown 2 of the 4 aircraft considered for this competion, the 145 and the 412. Have you flown either? Seen maintenance been done on either? I have. The vast majority of my flight time is in Bell products (14 yrs flying USMC H-1's) and flying Bell commercial products. Given a choice between the 412 and the 145 I'll take the 145 any day. As far as improving 'their very marginal airframes' how is installing an already available (and highly recommended air conditioner) improving an airframe? How is the USA neglecting to purchase the A/C in order to save money make an airframe marginal?

I think Dan that you are a Xenophobe and don't know what you are talking about.