PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2007, 17:50
spoff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have followed this thread closely over the years with great interest, my background is fast jet and therefore I am would not presume to comment on the flying side of things, the SH world is vastly different to any fixed wing game.

That in itself ought to rule out the senior officers overturning of the original finding, as they were from a similar background to mine.

I did however have the great pleasure of knowing John Tapper well, having 'done time' with him in SOAF. I flew with him on several ocassions both in my a/c and in his 'cab'

One thing that I can say for a fact is that I have rarely, if ever, flown with a more professional aviator, most of us here have flown military aircraft and know that some risk is involved. I do not believe that we will ever find out the truth in this tragic case.

I do know that Tapps was a damn fine, professional and safe operator. If I were to put my family down the back of a helicopter, he would have been my choice as Captain. Nothing I have read since has changed that opinion.

Wih continued thoughts for all the families, and gratitude to all that have kept this campaign alive.

Spoff

Last edited by spoff; 16th Nov 2007 at 12:27. Reason: grammer