PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How much are you saving or putting away each month at Ek?
Old 14th Nov 2007, 17:45
yoohoo748

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IF you can't make/save money in the ME, then you will never be able to... anywhere. House supplied. Education paid for. Food is cheap enough... if you eat at home. The trick is to not be lured into changing your lifestyle too much from what you had back home. Keep the recreation, but in different forms. Life is pretty easy here. I find it no problem to be socking away 1000BD per month... and I don't have many sacrifices. Want to spend you check in the pub? that is your deal. Want to enjoy your friends and family and a BBQ? Much more fun, and costs so little.

For the first while here I saved nothing... but that was because I had no cares about money and was not doing the 'conversion' to track my spending. $5 for a coffee? it all adds up. Fresh brew at home is better if you know how. Steak? rather have the buds over for a good 'Q... good times man.

My country is over taxed. That is why I am here. I want the choice to keep my cash or spend it. You have a choice too. Go home if you don't like it, or learn to make it work for you.