PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sea King too old and putting Lives at risk.
Old 14th Nov 2007, 16:24
Northernstar

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs down

I find it amazing that a serving member of an RAF SAR unit would suggest lies by anyone. On what grounds do you base such an allegation? Put your money where your mouth is and come up with some facts.
The UK's SAR 61's, or what's left of them , have occasionally been unserviceable but not anymore than RAF assets yet nobody here, serving member or former serving member of such units, feels the need to engage in a trade of insults.
I'm sure if an interested party had access to MCA records we could publish the times and dates of each unit to compare. Faxes from D watch at Lossiemouth stating "There are no SAR helicopters currently available" are hardly rare....
I personally sympathise with the crews of the units concerned, ready and waiting to then be without a cab. The reasons for such unservicabililty have already been discussed.
SAR is not a competition, SARH is not to be feared. Service will not be degraded if only that none of us will accept such a step backwards.
Let us not forget the immense cooperation shown last April on the night of the Bourbon Dolphin disaster when 4 different SAR helicopter units took part in the subsequent rescue efforts.

'That others may live....'

North