PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How long SSRI traces are traceable on Medical Exams?
Old 14th Nov 2007, 15:08
adorableCRJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hallo at all!

I'm new here and I did not want to open a new thread. This thread almost includes my problem as well.

I have a question not concerning SSRI, but concerning St. John's wort ( I hope that it is the right translation for Johanniskraut - I live in Germany). But first, my story:

In the year 2005 all problems with my family etc. came up and it resulted in a depression. I did not want to take any SSRI etc. When I look back, it was a very hard time. For one year and some months I was in therapy ( god bless this man, I think he was an angel send to me). I started to feel better, my depressions disappeared step by step.My last therapy-session was in March 2007. From october 2005 until today I take this St. John's wort.
I know and I learned - through therapy- that the signs of my depression reappear if sth's not going well in my life and that - in my case- the circumstances of my life made me sick.

Now I am studying, but I would like to become a pilot one day. I succeeded very good in my basic studies in LAW, but then changed to philology. I am at the beginning of my studies and through this forum I learned that it is very important to have a diploma before starting the training for a commercial pilot etc. That is the reason why I want to keep on studying but I would like to start my training (modular course).

Now the final question: Does anyone have experiences with the St. John's wort/ antidepressants made out of plants in connection to the medical class 1? I am starting to reduce it slowly! Will this be a problem later at the examination if I am still taking them?

You know, I have read a lot, some even advised me not to say anything concerning my depression, but I would like to be honest to me and to my future doctor.

Thank you very much for reading and I appreciate every answer!