PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF A380 Maintenance thread (merged)
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2007, 09:44
numbskull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Romulus you MAY be able to "do things more efficiently" than Qantas in the long term. In the short term I believe you have no hope.

The Qantas Base Maintenance that I once new could achieve anything and, all things being equal, I would back their quality AND turntime against any MRO in the world.

That quality and turntime is definetely deteriorating in the last few years. However that is not the fault of the workers at the coal face but is a calculated decision by management to cut costs.

I have in depth knowledge of the engineering work practices of Qantas(20 yrs worth) and for the last 18 months I have seen how other companies engineering services operate in a different (but similiar) industry. I'm talking about companies like Thales, Rolls-Royce, Kellog Brown & Root, Honeywell.

I can assure you that Qantas of 5 years ago was way more efficient than these companies in my experience and even now with numerous quality and turn time issues QF would still probably s$%t on them.

I do appreciate your informative posts. It is refreshing to see a manager communicating effectively.

However, I have still not received an email to say that you have even received my application (2 now the first one over 5 weeks ago). It appears that your organisation operates at the same glacial speed as other large companies such as QF,Thales, Rolls-Royce, Kellog Brown & Root, Honeywell etc.

Maybe you could show us some of the JHAS effeciency and flexibility and post a little bit less on PPrune and help Jenny out with the job application replies.