PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police Officer in gun "joke" at MAN
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2001, 19:42
Wycombe

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
No matter how stupid we think they are, it is a sad fact that there are some people in this World who think it's funny to cause unnecessary worry to others at times like this.

Last Friday evening I was pax'ing TFS-LGW on JMC772L.

After security, whilst waiting to board, my mother (whilst taking my young kids for a pre-flight visit to the loo) spotted a guy
(not Brit, but possibly Continental European)sitting "playing" with a penknife in the departure lounge.

She was quite worried by this, and we decided that we would try to find someone from security/police to tell - trouble was that in the 10 mins we had before boarding we couldn't find anyone!!

In fact, the airport security in TFS seemed no different to normal (no bag searching, no armed police) - which was in complete contrast to what we found on arrival at LGW.

Having said all this - full marks to JMC, who had a polite, but firm lady (just what's needed in the circumstances) advising us all of all the items we needed to remove from our hand baggage if necessary. I'm pleased to report that my fellow pax took it seriously and a lot of them also checked-in bags that they might otherwise have carried on.