PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 14th Nov 2007, 03:49
Chris21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CS after six months - what a joke!

Dont know where to post this and as I never get called out I am bored so I will just write it in here.
I just flew with a new crew memeber (seven months with no previous flying experience) nice enough kid, really good intentions, looks pretty however I wish management would stop feeding these kids this rubbish that they can be a Cabin Supervisor after six months! its rubbish. Just because they meet the behaviours and not afraid to write propels does not make them good leaders when **** hits the fan. I aksed him if he had ever had a medical on-board, put someone on oxygen, had to PA for a doctor or nurse, ever been in a rejected landing or take off and the answer was of course NO. Granted some of those things will not happen all the time and it might be a while before any of it does.
He did a development flight and acted up on the last day of the trip and of course we had a medical. He had no idea, was useless in fact got in the way. Of course if its your first then nerves etc will get in the way I remember mine when a man was passed out in the front galley - I had no idea. My point I guess is that if management keep on pushing this apply for CS after six months business there is going to be a serious consequences as they dont have the experience.
I know that I dont want to fly with any of them .