PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why does America do it better?
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2007, 22:52
Mikehotel152

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with Fuji Abound. In fact, it was along the lines of what I was said but refrained from so doing because I didn't want to get overexcited

But what the heck.

I'm fed up with the British Nanny State. It worsens by the year. There are more laws each year. More restrictions. Ewan McGregor made a comment during his documentary called Long way Down whilst motorcycling through Africa along the lines of how wonderful it was to be in cultures where you are free of endless red tape and could do what you please. I know what he means.

Back in Blighty, the red tape is unbelievable and none of it makes this country a nicer place to live in. Just look at what's happening to Oban Airport.

It's probably all down to the parliamentary democracy we live in. Isn't it ironic that only Communist states are more dictatorial and are bigger fans of red tape?! It seems to me that our version of democracy only encourages Politicians to fight for the lowest common denominator as it's policies which will garner votes that dominate the political landscape. Small interest groups like aviation will lose out. More little airfields will close, GA costs will spiral, yet tickets to Ibiza will come free with packets of Walkers Cheese and Onion.

RANT OVER