PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police Officer in gun "joke" at MAN
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2001, 17:40
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
fish

In a former life I worked on a passenger screening point at a terminal in Australia.

This bloke in shorts and a T-shirt sets off the metal detector and I call him over. Wave the wand over him and it goes off about where his buckle would have been. I ask if he has a buckle and he says 'no but I have this' and lifts up his shirt to reveal the butt of a '38 Special sticking out.

I took a half step back and was about to clock the bloke as hard as I could when I notice a bright police badge in my face and his smiling face behind it.

After telling the (off duty) prat what a w@nker he was he started getting uppity and at one stage tried threatening me because I was 'making trouble'.

He quietened down conisderably when I used his name that I had observed on his warrant card and took him around to the front of the machine and showed him the sign where it said that it was an offence to NOT declare those items (and it didn't matter if he was a cop or not).

After explaining the penalty unit system for such a transgression and the fact that he certainly wouldn't be able to be a cop anymore I suggested that he take his funny (also off duty) mate (who had put his bumbag through the x-ray machine with his gun in it and also didn't mention anything about it) and p!ss off before I arrested them!

Some people are just dickheads with too much power!