PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2002, 02:58
Arkroyal
Just a numbered other

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fish

Still ploughing througf the transcript and formulating a reply.. .. .Beags You are quite right, and Lady Hermon alluded to the financial aspect in her speach.. .. .I remember back in about 1992, when the MOD lost its immunity, that a memo was issued at Yeovilton, pointing out that in future, we pilots would carry the can and pay the damages for the consequences of any accidents. Would we like to consider insuring ourselves accordingly. The answer was that they might find it difficult to persuade us to carry pax at all, and they came back with the answer that they had got it wrong, and liability would only result if we were guilty of 'gross negligence'.... so that's alright then, isn't it? Next major accident, and guess what.. .. .As it turned out, I believe the families were compensated by the MOD, but the Air Marshalls wouldn't have known that was going to happen when they were formulating the stitch-up.. .. .Brian, regarding the simulation, I'm with you. A sneaking uneasiness, which I am sure will crystalise soon. Meanwhile FJJP's post is as close as I can get.