PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyGlobespan - 6
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2007, 15:43
theredbarron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’ve been reading the recent post-ETOPS loss thread with interest and trying to sort out the postings of those who clearly have a personal axe to grind (disgruntled ex-employees or working for competitors?) from those who are willing to discuss GSM rationally and without personal malice. It’s not been easy !

I’ve also been keeping an eye on GSM’s punctuality since the winter schedules came in and I have to say there has been a massive improvement. OK, less pressure on the fleet but let’s hope that it allows them to get it together in time for their 2008 summer schedule.

I am sure that TD will have learned his lesson. He’s nobody’s fool; I guess he just made the mistake of believing that he could go on repeating his initial success and bit off more than he could chew. They need to consolidate their route network and the summer 08 schedules appear to suggest that that lesson is being learned, particularly with the dropping of the NOC/BOS route and the YHM routes from the English regional airports.

Let’s give them a chance. TD saw the gap in the market which the English low cost carriers were ignoring and stepped in to fill it, and it has to be said expand it considerably to the extent that Eazy and Jet2 were able to come in on the back of his and his team’s hard work.

I have to agree the comments on the reliability of the NEOS aircraft. Few problems. As for the 737-700 going out over the oggin – why not ? Many transatlantic routes out of Glasgow or Edinburgh simply couldn’t support a regular 767 service and the NG 737 is a very much more economic aircraft than the 757, which would probably be the only other alternative