PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2002, 17:16
Daifly

I had an interesting chat with an ex-RAF Swift pilot last night. He was of the opinion that pilot error was the only logical conclusion you could come to.. .. .I then explained that there were many ideas on what caused the crash, but the argument that everyone had to consider, was "can we say with 100% certainty that they were negligent?" - to which, of course, he said no. That is the situation that everyone finds themselves and I hope that this logic extends to the MoD's report.. .. .On that note, I received a letter from Air Staff on Friday. I have to hand it to them that they have actually read my letter to them, rather than just sending me a standard one. And no spelling mistakes either!. .. .It goes on for to pages, so I won't bother posting it, but it does cover many aspects of the enquiry. I am pleased that it does say "...like all the other reviews since the accident, (the report) is complex and quite properly requires the most careful consideration". I do hope that this is a positive sign.. .. .Keep up the pressure everyone.