PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Carver Aviation!!
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2007, 12:03
scorpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
big deal

all this hue and cry about conversion day/night/ir checks , even if these students were made to fly, do these a###holes let the students actually be on the controls... i have done an IR renewal check in which the examiner briefed me about keeping both my hands behind the seat and to make sure my feet were nowhere near the rudder!

we need to have regional Flight Standards District Offices throughout the country which should have DGCA ( we have to rely and depend on them till an alternative comes up ) approved examiners( these guys should be independent of any flying clubs etc. ) conduct these tests and have a PTS ( practical test standards ) clearly defining the skills required by the pilots to pass the appropriate checks like in the US.

yes the malaise runs deep and starts from the top but we need to stop passing the buck and I hold the guys who paid the alleged sums of money equally guilty as the alleged CFI.

and for all those fearing for flight safety in india...yes we have off the shelf rookie( i was one, 5 yrs back ) f/o's but there is an experienced captain on the left and most airlines have been and will be sticklers for releasing captains to fly the line...and i hope that continues...