PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2002, 16:21
G SXTY

Supercharged PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

I've sent off a copy of Malcolm Rifkind’s letter to my MP (as he put it much more eloquently than what I can), and added the following for good measure:

“In a nutshell then, the original RAF Board of Enquiry, the Air Accident Investigation Branch, a Scottish sheriff, the Commons Public Accounts Committee and a Lords Select Committee have studied the available evidence, and all of them decided it was impossible to determine the cause of the crash.

By contrast, two Air Marshalls have decided that gross negligence has been proved beyond any doubt whatsoever, backed up by a Ministry of Defence that has a clear interest in diverting attention away from awkward questions about why the “cream of British military intelligence” was allowed to fly en-masse in a helicopter that had known and serious control system defects - and onto two dead pilots.

Given the above, could you imagine any circumstances whatsoever where the Air Marshalls and the MoD will admit what is staring them in the face - that their verdict was wrong? If not, would you agree that the MoD is displaying arrogance bordering on contempt of parliament, and that if they are not prepared to act of their own volition, they should be forced to do so by the Prime Minister himself?

I would also ask that you lend your support to early day motion no. 829.”

The more people asking awkward questions, the better.