PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF pilots leaving
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2007, 09:39
bigdog1971

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How bout a can of harden up

OK I appreciate the point being put across here WRT the QFI shortage.
I am a Current Army QFI (not many of us left so I may be giving myself away here) I often get the ****s with how people within the training center "dig" themselves in and resist postings out of the TC and back to the OP SQNS. The Sqn's are screaming for QFI's to continue with their training programmes, but not many want to come back to an OP role.
So my point here is if you have just enjoyed a bit of respite in a training environment (by respite I mean you have had every other weekend off and a 95% solution of your weekly trg plan for the last 2 years) then its time to get back to the Operational units. If your not up to the Sqn ROE then move on to a civi posting.
So my important points here are if your a Sqn QFI then these points are not directed to you, as I feel that we are the ones doing the hard yards. If your a TC QFI stop whining and appreciate your service allowance!
So my post is bound to piss some people off but its my point of view and I thing that the issues faced by RAAF and ARA are very similar.