PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flightwatch – 27 VHF outlets being closed
Old 13th Nov 2007, 08:56
clapton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
I’m personally angry that I have to spend my money on this type of thing. I would rather donate it to the Salvation Army or the RFDS.
Hi Dick,

Could I pony up a small contribution towards your legal costs? Indeed, I feel many others would be happy to also do so - maybe a trust account by your attorney?

Many Thanks,
Bell_Flyer

I agree with you 100% Dick. And I also read your letter to Airservices on your web site.

The thing that puzzles me is that if Airservices has breached section 30DB of the Civil Aviation Act as a result of its decision, then where the hell is CASA?? Why should you be spending your money doing the job that Byron and all his yes men are meant to be doing. The Government provides CASA with significant funding to regulate aviation safety (and that includes regulating Airservices) so why isn't CASA doing anything about this? Why does it take a private citizen to do what the regulator should be doing?

For too long CASA has been a lame duck regulator that lacks any credibility and that continually fails to perform its statutory functions. Byron has passed his used by date and the fact that you have to do his job simply highlights the fact.

And where is the Minister? Why hasn't the Minister taken a stick to CASA for its failures and to AA for failing to comply with its legal obligations? After all the Minister is ultimately responsible for managing CASA (Byron only manages CASA "under" the Minister).

The whole thing is disgraceful. But full marks to you for doing what neither Byron nor the Minister seem capable of doing.