PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2002, 03:47
Oh I See

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr P

A well-reasoned letter, which cannot be ignored.

I have just posted on the Rotor Heads Forum thread about this charade. My post was to the effect that if you hear of rotton or fay having ANY interest in Boeing or its’ subsidiaries then post it here. It’s only now that I realise this whole matter, in the eyes of the above, is probably nothing more than crewroom politics. It won’t effect their family or finance, their pension is greater than I can earn, however all those serving personnel who post here risk all.

If you really do read this how can you stand by what, by the rules in force, is totally wrong. I have served alongside one of you for a long time and cannot recognise the man, for whom I have the greatest respect, who stands by this travesty.

I can even understand (not agree) how you came to your conclusions and found gross negligence. You have described it to me as the hardest thing you have ever had to do. I can genuinely believe that, and, with that knowledge can perhaps now see that any theories of personal financial gain or political advancement are, to you, as unfathomable as your continued stance on this matter is to me.

You are a greater man than this stupid situation. Prove to the people whom you wish to lead that you can both make the hard decisions AND display the humility required of a great leader.