PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Goodbye Macs. Sigh.......
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2007, 00:28
FerrypilotDK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Mac experiences

Sorry about your problems. I have had 4 Triumph motorcycles and three were the best bikes I have ever owned. I still have two of them. The fourth was a problem from the beginning and it took two importers and shops in different countries, working with Triumph to finally correct the problem...26 months and many headaches later.

Point.....sometimes it just was a bad day at the shop. Should I have thereafter decided to never have a Triumph again?

So to macs....my first mac was a Classic in 1986. 1 MB of RAM! PCs didnīt have that. I had a mouse, crystal black letters on a white background (like a book) and 3.5 inch hard "floppies" instead of those easily damaged floppie floppies. "Windows" while PCs were DOS and commands. I have never gone to a PC and never will, although I have "had" to use them in various jobs or for a specific program. Now, I run PC stuff on Mac FASTER than they run on PCs! Interesting! We now have a Mini, a MacBook Pro and an iMac and 3 iPods. The imac had a fancontrol unit die after 18 months and thousands of hours. No problems with anything else. We had a Cube harddisc die after 6 years...

MP3 players....no iPods are transportable HARDDISCS folks. One of ours has NEVER had a song on it. It travels back and forth carrying work around in its sleek little body and has been for ages. It is of the second generation, 20GB and a Firewire, which most PCs STILL donīt have!

Price? Do a real comparison and get back to me.

Repairs....havenīt had to pay for any other than the fan problem and it was €110. Not cheap, but compared to my brother-in-law, who has "upgraded" his PC 3 times in the same time period for failures, hardware that was not working with software etc....much cheaper!

I bought 3 laptops for our company. Vista.....ha ha . Got them back, they donīt work with a server.....Oh, these are "meant" to be home laptops....so this version of Vista doesnīt work with a server(!) There are 13 versions of Vista!!!!!!!!!! What a joke. They ended up "downgrading" to XP AND had to buy a license for each machine at a couple hundred quid a pop.

At my 604 course, all the other guys would watch movies on my 17 inch Pro, rather than their laptops...much better clarity and sound they said...

So I rest my case. I will be riding Triumph and using my macs until they pry them from my dead hands! Not at the same time of course!

cheers from BIRK!