PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Middle East salaries
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2007, 17:54
TheFalcon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
App or Area?

ANSA - I sincerely think that giving different payment to ATCO's working in the same region brings about unhappiness. I can understand how you feel down in AUH, it was the same for us in DXB when your payrise were announced. If I were there or SHJ or any SERCo place in the Gulf I would be mad about all this so I sincerely hope what you said about
money coming your way does indeed happen. After all what you do good or bad ultimately ends up in our laps and vice versa. What I disagree with you (once again) is about the traffic. Much has been said about numbers but its not just the numbers that make or break but the complexity of the traffic. Approach is more complex than Area anytime (I am an ex-Area controller so I know) for the simple reason that traffic conglomerates in a relative smaller space which is the TMA. Once again I will not take away any of merits of your duties or what you should be paid in comparison to whom but thats the way thing stand in ATC anywhere in the world. Good luck and keep up the good work!