PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Southwest
Thread: Air Southwest
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2007, 15:51
cornishsimon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FunFlyinAh i probably should have been a bit clearer

The 400 isnt viable to use out of PLH - but there is no reason why they cant base one or two in NQY and add some extra capacity to routes such as the Gatwick or possibly the new routes.

It would be fairly easy to still serve PLH by bringing a 300 over from there with pax to tie up with the 400.

They can then use the 300 to go off on a stand alone service from newquay to be back in time to meet the 400. Air Southwest seem pretty good at these tie ups (when the schedules work)
just a thought here, but i would bet that WOW stick with the DH8-300 instead of bringing in the Q400, especially considering the current problems with the Q400.

does anyone know which aircraft are able to fly in/out of PLY? would they be able to use the 146's that flymaybe are ditching ?

however all that said, and considering the Chambéry route for late 2008, i think a slight change in direction of the fleet is going to have to become evident sooner or later, iv seen some queries over the range etc of the 300's for use on this route.

as well as this i was looking at the press releases on the NQY website and notice the following:
On the destination wish list for summer 2008, Karen Medweth confirmed, are flights to Amsterdam and Paris, plus key cities in Germany and Spain. “There is also a strong demand for domestic flights from Newquay to the West Midlands, Newcastle and Glasgow.”
obviously WOW would be at the top of the list of airlines that would possibly provide some if not all of the routes that NQY want, seeing as though they have already announced the Newcastle and Glasgow.

i would of thought that if they can see profit in the routes that we could well expect a fairly decent expansion in fleet and routes