PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New CHC S-92
Thread: New CHC S-92
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2007, 12:10
unstable load

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Froggy,
I think that the issues Nick has are not with the quality or lack thereof of Eurocopter products, per se, rather that they are not the ONLY aircraft worth flying at the exclusion of all others, as per the opinion of others.

Neither the 225 nor the 92 are perfect, and as stated quite often, it is the client who decides what equipment goes onto the machines, not the helicopter company.

If a 92 in Aberdeen/Wherever does not have de-icing it is because when the contract was being thrashed out, it was decided then not to have it, because sometimes the oil companies are quite happy to have the machine on the ground for a week due to bad weather as the costs of those lost flights are often FAR less than the costs of having all that gear installed for the duration of a contract.

That does not make the 92 a crappy aircraft by comparison to the 225 that does have the gear installed, all it does is make it differently specced for the desired missions.

I have worked on a 76 in Nigeria that had snow blankets fitted to it! That did not make it a crappy aircraft, all it did was make it heavier. I have worked on offshore 61's that did and did not have AVAD installed and niether of them crashed because the crews flying them were aware of the different limitations and worked around them, as will the guys with no de-icing.