PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2007, 07:57
Mad_Mark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fleece, what really grips my sh!t is people, like you, who don't read what is written properly before criticising the author. What AC O said was...

As aircrew, some of the lesser experienced people are really desperate to know if AAR is safe.
Note the bit that I bolded. He was talking about the new guys, the ones that could be deployed for the very first time, or carrying out AR for the very first time.

I often hear concerns from the newer guys that read misleading information on here and don't understand, due to their lack of experience, what the true facts are. It is nothing to do with training as AR is not a part of the OCU syllabus. When AR training is conducted it is a front-end thing and so not all rear crew members may have experienced it before their first live tanking trip on ops.

As can be seen, not all crew members have the "training, experience and knowledge" and they rely on the "training, experience and knowledge" of those that have been around the bazaars a little longer than them to dispel the fears gained from reading misinformed or misleading comments here and in the press.

Finally we have a fuel leak on the jet that is worth discussing, unlike those that the press and others latched on to recently. This leak was of a significant enough quantity and in an area that could have been disastrous and the crew actions were, IMHO, correct! This incident is worthy of causing concern; much else of what has been speculated about in this thread, mostly by those with little or no experience on type, has not been.

MadMark!!!