PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Wannabe
Thread: RAF Wannabe
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2002, 07:45
Alf Aworna

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wannabee I'm sure your gf is great but consider the following. You decide that the strain of all that fast jet flying, foreign travel, good social life etc would be bad for your relationship and join the airlines instead and bus lager louts to Malaga for your sins. 5 or 6 years down the line your gf decides that she wants out and ******s off. Do you regret not joining the RAF at that point? The point is what will be, will be and with the best will in the world, you have very little control over what state your relationship is in a couple of years time, especially if you're just leaving college. Trust me I was in your position. It sounds selfish but go for what you want to do- if you don't you won't be happy and it will end up affecting your relationship. Yes there is time away etc etc but if you have a good relationship and it was meant to be, it will survive. If it doesn't then get over it and get on with life. Don't waste the opportunity you have because of a woman and end up kicking yourself in 10 years time.