PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The L-1011 today
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2007, 17:10
Earl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
Lol thx for the tip but I wasn't planning on spotting over there but on locations in Europe where they come to pick up the muslim's
And ofcaurse on regular locations like this summer with OD-MIR @ EPWA. I'dd like to know stuff like that before it happens
Earl:
OD- MIR did a short term ACMI contract in Poland, this past summer.
OD-ZEE is still in VVI, but its the LAB Bolivian company that owes Globejet 4 million USD.
OD-JOE and OD MIR will start operating for a company out of Tripoli soon for Haj.
The Bolivians tried to claim money for fuel, catering etc from Globejet and placed a hold on the aircraft after they could not collect from LAB.
We stopped flying on March 25 2007 because of non payment from LAB.
I don't know what part of ACMI that they dont understand.
The rumor is true Globejet is finished, this was not good news for any of us.
Lots of things going on in Thailand now with the Tristar.
2 freighters are said to fly soon and its rumored that the old Thaisky passenger Tristars are being looked at.
The shortage of wide body aircraft both passenger and freight worldwide is causing a second look at these old birds.
I think we will see quite a few of them back in the air soon.
If we don't some people sure are waisting a lot of money installing EGPWS,upgrading to make them RNAV capable etc. and pulling them out the desert and other places.
One of the biggest problems now is that there is no initial ground school for this aircraft left anywhere in the world.
Crews will be difficult to find as most have gone to the 747 or either retired.
411A: Globejet may have turned you down several weeks ago due to a 2 year contract they had flying for the UN, they needed a backup aircraft and the one stuck in VVI left them a bit short.
After the CAA Lebanese problems they had to back out of this UN contract also.

Last edited by Earl; 11th Nov 2007 at 18:11.