PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2007, 16:27
Chequeredflag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mazzy,
Long time no "speak". I trust you are well. I do hope you find a way of continuing to fly on a more regular basis, it would be such a waste of all the effort, the blood, sweat and tears that went into getting your ppl!!.
Just as a personal update, you may remember we were learning pretty much at the same time, and qualified not too far apart. It's bloomin' expensive to hire at £120 per hour (Warrior), but I've kept it up and have just reached the required 12 hours (with 7 hours P1), so I'm OK before the Winter sets in, though I still have 6 months to go before the second year deadline. It's nevertheless comforting to have the required hours, and the 1 hour with instructor under my belt - I realistically cannot see me doing much more than 25/30 hours in a full year.
The checkride was taken care of when I spent an hour on a checkride with my new flying clubs' CFI, and he will sign off my next two years privaliges after Xmas. I have now joined Coventry Aeroplane Club (following the demise of East Mids Flying School*). Covaero have two virtually new Warrior 161's owned by the members, beautifully equipped with two garmin 430's, and electric backup for suction, an ELT beacon etc. After the 15000 hour tubs I learned on, they are both so taught and lovely to fly. Coventry is not as busy (yet!) as East Mids, but with Thomsonfly and Wizzair increasing services weekly it seems, it won't be too long!!
I started the IMC, and have done about 10 hours to date, though I've let these lessons lapse over the last three months. I'd like to get that up and running again.
Just a thought, at Covaero, members are encouraged to fly together, thereby halving the cost. One is P1 outbound, the other, P1 on the return. maybe that's a way forward?
Whatever, I do hope you do not let your license lapse, and wish you the very best for your future flying,
Cheers
CF
* Rumour has it EMFS have a purchaser, and may well be continuing at East Mids - I very much hope so, they are a great organisation