PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who's hiring Street Captains for Boeing products?
Old 11th Nov 2007, 13:21
Lear70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow, your dads a homeless captain. sad
if your daddy cant apply for his own job, then maybe he should stay retired???
Wow... Are you sure you're a pilot? I only ask because reading comprehension skills are usually a prerequisite, and you completely misunderstood what was written.

I said he'd want a place where lodging would be paid for him, his wife, and my little brother. Not because they're homeless, but because they'd want to go with him so they get to see him regularly, as most of the over-60 expat flying opportunities don't provide for very much time off (8-9 days off a month isn't enough to commute home regularly half the globe away).

So, thanks for your "help". (Hint... that's sarcasm. Just making sure you don't misunderstand that, too).

Slash, that's what I think he's going to do. He just wanted to fly more than work sims... He was doing some part-time work instructing the 757 down in South America and really enjoyed it, but that contract only lasted a few months and I can't blame him for not wanting to retire just because of age... I'd hate being forced out if I wasn't ready to stop flying, either.

It is somewhat financial-based as well. USAirways gutted their pilot's retirement and what he gets pays the bills, but not much more than that.

And yes, my stepmother is older than me by about a year.