PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Golden Eagle
Thread: Golden Eagle
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2007, 23:21
WOMBAT 04

I'll have a bit of a bite at that one....

Once there was a Deputy Chief, Senior Base, Training pilots, and a Safety manager (no, a real one). These people expected a high standard and showed others by their own example first. They were people with a lot of experience and would help foster good pilots. The c&t system did once work, and work well! Once... The standard can be seen in where they are now. I think you know where they all are, or have a good idea.

HPT6 you wonder about the standard of the ex-GEA guys but then claim that night checks are done over the phone, surely that would mean that the standard has dropped at present? I just hope that you, if you are still there, and the current pilots are keeping their discipline in light of the lack of c&t and aiming to be as professional as they can be, Ruin's and all.

Now on Ruin's... Well, i know plenty out there are ready to have a go at him and for in their opinion (sounds like yours) for good reason, i won't dispute that. But things like flat-spotting tyres and seat-belts out the door, while not good, are learning experiences. Everyone does similar when just starting out. Cylinders are another matter but i fail to believe that in one flight such a thing could be caused by Ruins.

WOMBAT.

PS. Where is YHM (Hamilton?)