PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swing over with missed approach
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2007, 21:00
G-SPOTs Lost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rainboe

Having taken a time out of this thread and without looking to lock horns again....

You have succesfully redirected this thread to a different subject, one of stabilised approaches.

ICAO does not make different rules for those operators that have on board monitoring.

ICAO states (and its in this thread) that you conduct the go around of the original runway if you are circling or sidestepping or whatever manouvre you wish to call it. You aim for the safe area of the overhead initially and then conduct the GA, you might not get to do it as no doubt ATC will intervene but whether you agree or not that is the procedure to follow (even at Hallowed LHR - as confirmed by a current LHR controller!!!)

Again I'll quote the original question:

Let's assume you are flying an ILS at airport with two parallel runways e.g. 27L. You are offered a swing over to 27R and you do so. For any reason a missed approach has to be conducted. Which procedure do you fly, for 27L or 27R
In our minds lets replace the 27 numbers for others just to be sure we are NOT specifically talking about LHR.

Please answer the question! Somebody makes the valid point that the other runway might not even have a IFR GA !! Think lowest common denominator.

One more point, if you are including me in the people that gave you grief then once again I apologise however and I quote you:

You have no experience at airline ops at airports like LHR, so your answer is misleading.
Which sounded very pompous and arrogant (hence my later tone), I wont hold my breath for an apology nor do I particularly want one. I will take solace in the fact that even though the correct facts have been posted here you still wish to ignore them /your peers / LHR ATC and seem desperate to keep pursueing your incorrect theory by tring to make the facts fit.

You are obviously a very experienced guy (as detailed by you on another thread) so that commands a certain amount of respect, however the only thing to be confirmed by you in this thread is the age old adage that we are all still learning - perhaps even you.