PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 10th Nov 2007, 17:44
ex-ranker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Potential WSO- eyesight Issue

HI all,

I was wondering if you may have some advice on the following:

I am a serving Airman who has recently put my application forward for a commission. I passed my filter interview and have been recommended by OC careers office for selection.

I had to complete an eyesight test and forward it to the department of Optomtetry at Cranwell. Unfortunately my fitness report barred my from pilot and WSO branches. I was under the impression my eyesight was within the limits for WSO as I took the standards with me for the eye test.

I have been informed by the careers office that I am entitled to appeal against the findings. Does anyone think this is a wise choice of action? may it harm my application if I were to do so?

Additionally I have been informed that Cranwell may offer a waiver for ME WSO only if my eyesight were within the limits. Is this something you have heard of? or is someone trying to wind me up? Just curious.

I have however been deemed eyesight fit for WSOp and have forwarded my application to reflect that. I hope to hear from Cranwell if they deem me a suibtable candidate to attend OASC.

Fortunately my section has been very accomodating with visits to a certian maritime base for a flight and sim FAM, and even allowed me some time off to visit 55 (R) for a look round and one or two briefs. Current affairs has been underway since July and my friendly PTI's have increased my fitness dramatically since August, so in all I feel very prepared if I am offered a place at selection.

Any advice reference the above would be greatly received. I realise Cranwell have the final say, but it may be worth a post.

thanks in anticipation