PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2007, 11:22
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The real con is that the extra charge for check-in, baggage etc., goes to RYR not the check-in handling agent. These people are not RYR employees and have a handling contract rate. This, including the scam wheelchair/insurance levy, is another stealth tax worthy of any politician, even G.B. However, the bottom line is what pax are prepared to pay to travel. It is true, as I found from a friend who I met in AGP, that my cost of tripping down there with golfclubs and baggage via RYR, was the same as he paid on BA. As MOL has stated he will ignore some or all of the pax charter of refunds & compensation when the S$!t hits the fan and fligths are delayed/cancelled, it might not take so long for many to realise that the risk of travelling with LoCo's is not worth it. I have often found a major carrier to GVA is cheaper than ez, especially at last minute. Also with 4 flights a day there is flexibility and they allowed me to travel earlier on the day at no charge.
It is often the case that the total cost of a trip from the local major airport with the local major carrier is about the same as the bargain basement give away with a LoCo, after taking into account travelling time into the bundoo, parking, charges for everything etc. etc. For a small price differential the whole trip can be much more relaxing.
There is service out there with a free smile and no charge.